Hello Families of Room 104,
This week is a short week, we will be in school only Monday and Tuesday to accommodate the fall break. I will not be assigning any new sight words and encourage all of you to review the previous words we have learned thus far.
I am happy to say Ms. Moore (Lonnie’s Mom) will be presenting on her work with the American Indian Center of Chicago.
Check out what we will be learning this week:
Reading: How can we be Super Readers?
- I can point to both short and long words with just one tap
Phonics: How do letters and their sounds help us read?
- I can explain that there are capital and lowercase letters
Writing: How can we show and tell what we want with words?
- I can add at least 3 labels to each of my pages
Math: How can we represent numbers?
- I can play a game to practice number recognition and explore number relationships
Social Studies: Who are the Native Americans?
- I can explain who the Native Americans are today
- I can explain how people celebrate Thanksgiving